LA Splash Lip Couture Review + Swatch

Here's a review on LA Splash Lip Couture lipsticks.

PRICE: P600.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at Digital Traincase

THE VERDICT:

Part two of my LA Splash swatch fest! I have over 30 shades of LA Splash lip color from the Smitten Lip Mousse, Lip Couture, and Studio Shine collections; it's taking me a while to swatch everything because their staying power is CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY! :D

In my first LA Splash post, I reviewed and swatched 12 shades of the Smitten Lip Mousse lippies. Today, I'll review my second favorite LA Splash lipstick collection called Lip Couture. True to its name, this sexy matte lip color collection fits and feels like soft, light leather on the lips; it's a fashion accessory for your lips!

LA SPLASH LIP COUTURE IN DETAIL

This waterproof, transfer- proof lipstick dries to a velvety matte finish. It comes in 18 shades.

New to LA Splash? If you want to try Lip Couture collection, look for the tubes with a gold cap!

Consistency is a semi- runny liquid and it dries into a velvety matte finish with a very slight sheen; it reminds me of the look of a genuine leather bag, thus I think Lip Couture is the perfect name to call this collection; the product feels and looks quite like second skin on the lips as it melts onto and hugs it, but don't worry, it does not feel heavy or as if it's constraining your lips.

Lip Couture's formula is unique: it starts off as shiny, watery, and diluted, but as it dries up, color becomes bolder, the shine is minimized, and texture becomes matte. Pigmentation is great after all and coverage is medium to heavy. However, it reeks of a plastic- like smell at first, but good thing it completely vanishes after a few seconds. Also, its texture feels a wee bit sticky all throughout; I can tolerate it, but some may not.

Here are some techniques in using this product:

1. I apply one layer and let it dry for about 3-5 seconds before applying another one; this is the best way to build its coverage; layering it continuously will just wipe out the previous layer, if not give you a patchy coverage.

2. To apply the right amount of color on the corners of your lips, be sure to take out the blob on the doe foot applicator and start lining your lips with it; do it slowly to minimize mistakes because this product will never budge once it dries up and you need to take out everything and repeat from step 1.

3. On uneven areas, dab some of the lipstick on them and gently and lightly distribute/even out the color with the doe foot applicator.

LA LIP COUTURE IN ACTION

Poison Apple

- A midtone red shade with teeny weeny hint of Pink.

Whoa! I finally found the perfect Apple Red shade; this is 'in between' red shade looks so versatile; wear it from casual days to special night occasions!

Ghoulish

- A nude Mushroom Taupe.

Ghoulish instantly became one of my favorite nudes for the past year because it's very unique, never tried a Taupe shade that's this stylish, and it looks nice on warm skin tones; this lippie makes me feel fashionable! :D

OG Ghoulish

- A Taupe-Gray shade.

OG Ghoulish is a way to make Ghoulish even more unique! I believe this version of Ghoulish is for fair skin tones; the gray undertone gives it a cool tone, therefore making it suitable for fair skin.

Innocent Vixen

- Creamy nude with a neutral undertone.

Wow, Innocent Vixen is one of the universal nudes that don't wash out the skin and make teeth appear yellow; plain and simple, it's a pretty nude!

Forbidden

- A hot pink shade

What a beautiful hot pink shade! It's bright, but doesn't look tacky at all. I bet Barbie will approve this shade!

Lollipop

- A bright, pastel Pink

This fun, light- hearted Pink is perfect for teens out there; it's too bright for me though, but if I were 17, I'd wear it!

Rose Garden

- A mauve-y Rose

Rose Garden is a vintage Rose that seems to soften any features; must be the mellowness of the shade!

Vindictive

- a gray shade with a blue undertone

Vindictive is a very unique shade and surprisingly, it turned out to be one of my favorites! This shade adjusts to whatever skin tone it's on: on fair skin, it's a paler gray and on warm skin tones, the gray-blue shade is much more evident.

Latte Confession

- A Brown-Rose shade.

Latte Confession is one of Lip Couture's popular colors. What's not to love? It's a classy color that warms up fair skin and makes warm skin look blushing naturally.

Till Midnight

- A fiery red orange shade.

Till Midnight is one of my favorite shades from this line! It's the bright, vintage orange shade that I've long been looking for! It reminds me of MAC Lady Danger!

Summer Bliss

- A coral Pink shade.

Summer Bliss is a pretty shade, but I think it will fare better on fair skin tones. Well, to be fair, it looks good on me, but I think I'm way past my Coral Pink/Pink Coral phase already. :D

Venom

- Black.

I'm keeping Venom because it's the Black lipstick with the most wonderful formula: it can be evened out, doesn't fade, doesn't look patchy, and it stays!

Untamed

- A dark red lipstick with a heavy brown undertone.

Untamed is a pretty, vintage brown; it's actually the first Lip Couture shade that caught my eye, but sadly, it's the hardest to even out!

Staying power is CRAZY; it's even more long- wearing and fade- proof than Smitten Lip Mousse! The lipsticks (depending on the shade) can last the whole day even without retouching! Does it dry out the lips during wear? No that's why I can wear this product in peace every time, although I rest my lips from it for a few days just because its formula is pretty strong.

How do you remove this product? There's a special remover sold by LA Splash. Other alternatives are Micellar Water, Petroleum Jelly, Baby Oil, Cleansing Oil, and Biore Cleansing Wipes (my favorite LA Splash remover).

Lip Couture is one of the genuine waterproof lipsticks out there and I will recommend it to you if you want a lipstick that virtually doesn't need retouching, feels sexy on the lips, and with colors that are oh so fashionable!

LA SPLASH LIP COUTURE RATING

Please visit DTC MAKEUP on Facebook for more information about this product. Follow @lasplashphilippines on Instagram.
0 Komentar untuk "LA Splash Lip Couture Review + Swatch"

Back To Top